On Wednesday, we had our last gymnastics class of the semester and to celebrate they held a little "awards" ceremony. This is our second semester of gymnastics; we took a class last winter and to be honest, it was my least favorite part of the week. I mean, I dreaded going to gymnastics, even though Finn loved it. It was one of those parent participation classes, but what they should have called it was the not losing your mind and strangling your child in front of a room full of disapproving parents class. I spent 90% of the 45 minute class chasing after Finn and bribing him to sit, jump, roll at the appropriate times. It was super stressful because there were all these other moms who would give you the evil eye if your kid was interrupting their kids' class. However, we made it through and I decided we would take the summer off.
So, when September rolled around and Finn wanted to do gymnastics again, I knew I was going to be a glutton for punishment. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. Part of it was that I knew what to expect and the other part was that Finn was a little older and more physically capable of doing most of the activities. He had a blast and would often practice what he learned at home. He was mostly able to sit and listen to the teacher and then follow her directions (with a little help from mom). I am so proud of how far he has come and can't wait for the next class!
Obstacle course






No comments:
Post a Comment