Pages

3.31.2011

A Perfect 10

Finn had his last gymnastics class on Wednesday, which marks one year of gymnastics! We started out in the mommy-n-me class and I wasn't sure I would survive it. He graduated to the preschool class (which means no mommy) and loved it. I was so proud of him for listening and following directions AND waiting his turn. My little boy is growing up. I got to watch with the other moms from the 2-nd story lookout. It was so much fun watching him learn, grow and take chances . . . doing things all by himself that he had never done before. The best part was seeing how excited he was when he mastered something that he hadn't been able to do before (the giant rope swing)! We will miss gymnastics and Ms. Lori but know that lots of fun awaits us in Charleston.


Practicing the "hurt bear" something he likes to do around the house

For-

ward-

Roll!

The "big" balance beam

Swinging on the bars with Ms. Lori

Sometimes you get the bar . . .

and sometimes the bar gets you!
(Yes, that's him flying to the ground and yes he was a-ok!)

The rope swing. It took him nearly a year
but he finally did it on his own

Wheeeeeee



Clowning around with friends

So proud of his ribbon!
As we were leaving class, Finn told Ms. Lori that he was moving to South Carolina. She said, "really? Finn we will miss you. I had no idea you were such a character."

2 comments:

Erika said...

Robin - where is this gym? In Alexandria?

Robin Lyles said...

Hey Erica, The gym is called Barcroft Sports Center and it is in Arlington. The gymnastics program is through the Arlington Rec Dept. I will look for the link and email it to you. Finn really loved going. I think Henry would like it too!